Indian Space Research Organisation is organising a special programme for School Children called “Young Scientist Programme” “YUva VIgyani KAryakram” , YUVIKA, to impart basic knowledge on Space Technology, Space Science and Space Applications to the younger students with a preference to rural areas. The programme is aimed at creating awareness about the emerging trends in science and technology amongst the youngsters, who are the future building blocks of our nation. ISRO has chalked out this programme to “Catch them young”.The programme is also expected to encourage more students to pursue in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) based research /career.
- Minimum participation will be ensured from each State / UT.
- The programme is planned at five centres of ISRO viz. Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre (VSSC), Thiruvananthapuram, U. R. Rao Satellite Centre (URSC), Bengaluru, Space Application Centre (SAC), Ahmedabad, National Remote Sensing Centre (NRSC), Hyderabad and North-East Space Application Centre (NE-SAC), Shillong.
- Towards, the end of the project, students will be taken to visit Satish Dhawan Space Centre, Sriharikota.
- Expenditure towards the travel of students (II AC fare by train from nearest Rly Station to the reporting centre and back), course material, lodging and boarding etc., during the entire course, will be borne by ISRO.
- II AC train fare will also be provided to one guardian/parent for the drop and pick up of students from the reporting centre.
- In case the student/parent has not availed of the II AC train, the reimbursement of fare will be limited to II AC train fare.